* People spend, on average, 6 minutes looking for their keys in the morning.
* Due to clutter, 25% of people with two-car garages can't park any cars in there and 32% can park only one.
* Women with shoe racks were seven more times likely to be on time for work than women without shoe racks.
* 80% of what we keep we never use.
* We wear 20 per cent of the clothes we own, 80 per cent of the time. The rest hangs there, just in case.
* 80 per cent of what we file never gets looked at again!
* Your four-drawer file cabinet, when full, holds 18,000 pages.
* Getting rid of clutter eliminates 40 per cent of housework in an average home.
* Married men were four times more likely to leave their pajamas on the floor in the morning compared to single men.
* 23% of adults say they pay bills late (and thus incur fees) because they lose them.
* Eighty per cent of the clutter in homes is a result of disorganization, not lack of space.
(Resource: Survey results from Ikea and the National Association of Professional Organizers)